Ok ok I know that I am a freak and that it may seem that all I do is talk about books, but really all I do is read haha. Anyway I promise I will try not to write about any other books untill Breaking Dawn comes out and then you all are just going to have to deal with it. But I have a few things that I want to say about The Host! I think that if you haven't read it yet you might want to STOP reading now!
I don't know about the rest of you but I find myself speed reading through her books because I get so cought up in the story that I HAVE TO KNOW what happens in the end. This is a problem for me for 2 reasons.
First, I tend to miss important parts and and miss what is really going on with the story. Second, I finish the book faster then I really wanted to :) So this leaves me with no other option but to read it again. So I have. I have read The Host 3 times now. At first I was having a hard time with it, I don't really know why but I think I was expecting a bit more of the Twilightness to come out and it just wasn't happening. Plus, and this is stupid, but I was sad that they were so mean to Wanda. I just wanted Jared to see that she was good and that she was there for Meland that she didn't wan to hurt them in anyway. Well we all know that that happened and once it did I was able to breath easy and really get into the story. I can't tell you all how much I love Ian. To me Ian made this book WONDERFULL haha. The part after Kyle tries to kill her and he bends over and kisses her on the head is so sweet haha. And what about the part when he is telling her why he likes her, when he says "It's not the face, but the expressions on it. It's not the voice, but the what you say. It's not how you look in that body, but the things you do with it. You are beautiful." Maybe I am a sucker but I LOVE THAT PART.
I was wondering if anyone else wondered this, but after Ian bends down and kisses Wanda Jared starts to say something in an "urgent" tone to Doc, what do you think he was about to say?? Just wondering
I love how Jamie just believes from the start. I think it was mostly because he wanted Mel back but I think it is is sweet how he just ends up loving Wanda just as much as he loves Mel. I like to think that there are people out there that will just believe, no matter how werid it may seem. I get that the love there was suppose to be like a mother and a child kind of love but I don't have kids and so I don't know if I totally get it but I know that I would do anything in the world to save my brother from whatever is out there so I was able to relate with that on a different level, I think.
I love the whole set up of Melanie and Wanda. I love that there are two people there and that they both have such and intense love for these people. They way they go out of there way to annoy each other in the beginging and then the way they struggled to get back to Jamie and Jared and the respect that grew there between them. I think though that my favorite part of this book is the love that happens between the two of them.
I wont talk about how it ended just in case some of you didn't take my advice and STOP reading when I said but I loved how it ended. I think that that was the way it needed to end because will It just needed to end that way for Ian haha I know I said I wouldn't talk about it but that didn't really give anything away :)
I can't say that I liked this book more then The Twilight series cuz that just isn't possible because they are two TOTALLY different books. But The Host will always be one of my favorites! I am really a fan of Stephenie Meyer.
Ok now that I have went on and on about that, I found something that made me excited haha I was playing on a website called twilightmoms.com and I found an acticle about The Host and Stephenie Meyer was talking about making it into a trilogy and this is what she said...
"Is this the first of a trilogy?
Possibly. I wrote The Host as a standalone, but the thing is, with me, I love my characters and I don’t want to stop writing about them. I already know what the title would be if I do another one—The Seeker. I’m taking some time to recharge next year and then we’ll see."
If this really happens I think that I might just bust into a million pieces. haha Well I promise that I wont post anything else about books for a while I will try harder to post more exciting things, I just wish I did somthing exciting to post about.
3 comments:
I am glad you liked my Edward quote enough to put it on your blog! ha ha. I am putting it on a tshirt for sure. It is my motto. So I followed your STOP and didn't read most of the post, but take it that it is a must read so I am excited. Yea! And I know how you feel about the whole Freak thing. My blog would pretty much be a tribute to Edward and the books, but then I think about all the people who have no idea what I am talking about and then the people who do but who are clearly not as obsessed and stop myself. So don't worry, I love it when others post about it!
Kas,
You are so funny! But seriously, I doubt that you are alone, because I am totally like you with those books right now. Even though i haven't started rading HOST. I guess I should get on top of that! I love that you post stuff on here about the Twilight books.. I always go to the links, so thanks:) You're so nice, my mom is great! I hope that Vegas is treating you both good! Thats where you are, isn't it? I am so out of the family life these days!
I LOVED THE HOST! I have to tell you, I have been dying! NO ONE AROUND ME HAS FINISHED IT! And some of them arent even reading it! So I am totally in love with it just like you, I also think that the book couldnt have gone better! I love Ian! I loved how I loved Jacob even though he was such a jerk sometimes, I felt for him. I honestly thought he was a sexy son of a gun. And you cant help but love that manly man. But Ian... ahhh... you cant help but ADORE that man. I mean, he is so wonderful. And at the end when he just stayed with her soul while everyone went to get her a new body, and he wouldnt let anyone hold her... "SWooN!" and My favorite part... When she wakes up and he tells her... "I held you in my hand, Wanderer. And you were so beautiful." I cried. I just had to stop reading and cry. Cause he LOVES HER! In her original form. mmm... so good. And I gotta tell you, I speed read too!! So Im about to start it again. I just loved it! Yea! For Stephanie Meyer!
Post a Comment