Now I LOVE CHRISTMAS!! It so so fun to put up the Christmas Tree and the Christmas Villages and all the Santa's and Snow Flaks and what not. But I have to tell you I am NOT a fan of Christmas before Thanksgiving. I can't stand walking into a store and seeing the Halloween decoration next to the Christmas decorations. I mean what ever happened to watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and the last thing that comes in is Santa in his big sleigh ringing the bells that means Christmas time is here! Oh and what is with Christmas music on the radio already?! I remember growing up and we always put up the tree up the day after Thanksgiving. Weather it was going out and cutting down a real one or putting up the fake one, but it was ALWAYS after Thanksgiving. Why do we always have to rush Christmas? It seems like they are putting Christmas stuff up earlier and earlier every year. So you all know now, I think Christmas should wait until after Thanksgiving. Friday, November 14, 2008
Christmas TOO EARLY!
Now I LOVE CHRISTMAS!! It so so fun to put up the Christmas Tree and the Christmas Villages and all the Santa's and Snow Flaks and what not. But I have to tell you I am NOT a fan of Christmas before Thanksgiving. I can't stand walking into a store and seeing the Halloween decoration next to the Christmas decorations. I mean what ever happened to watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and the last thing that comes in is Santa in his big sleigh ringing the bells that means Christmas time is here! Oh and what is with Christmas music on the radio already?! I remember growing up and we always put up the tree up the day after Thanksgiving. Weather it was going out and cutting down a real one or putting up the fake one, but it was ALWAYS after Thanksgiving. Why do we always have to rush Christmas? It seems like they are putting Christmas stuff up earlier and earlier every year. So you all know now, I think Christmas should wait until after Thanksgiving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I am laughing because I feel the complete same way AND I was thinking a few days ago that I was so annoyed about Christmas music already on the radio that I should blog about it! You totally beat me to it!!! I agree. I refuse to do anything Christmassy until the day after Thankgiving:)
I do think that Christmas comes a little early too, it is a way to get the consumers in the store to buy!! I will tell you it works though because I am totally starting to stress because I haven't gotten one thing yet, when really I have a month and a half. I need to get to those stores though and start on my list!!
On another note though...I think that Christmas decor is SOOOO much cuter than Thanksgiving, and I would much rather see Christmas up for two months than orange pumpkins!! The pumpkins are fun for a month- a month and a half but then I am sick of them!! I would much rather have my tree, village, and other decor up for 2 months instead of all the trouble getting all of that up for only a month!!
I suck, Im sorry. I dont have any thanksgiving decor, so when I took halloween down, I put christmas up. Forgive me kassi.
I am so there with you Kassi! It seems like Christmas is getting pushed on us earlier and earlier every year. Our highlight is putting up the tree and the lights the Friday/Saturday AFTER turkey day!
I agree with you but I love Christmas so much that if James was okay with it I would be putting up Christmas decor already. ha The tree is saved for after Thanksgiving though no matter what! :) When are you guys supposed to find out what you are having?
I totally agree with you. Christmas should come after Thanksgiving. Someone in Kanab had their light on their house on the other day. I was so irritated. What do you do? By the way I know this is late, but congratulations on the new little Leavitt. Kids are what this life is all about. You'll be a great mom.
CONGRATS on your pregnancy! I saw a comment you left on Manda's blog. Welcome to the wild, fun, terrifying, heartbreaking and joyful world of MOTHERHOOD!
i sooo agree with you! I think someone said that walmart put up the christmas tree the night of halloween?! whats with that?! I love christmas so much but i like thanksgiving too and i dont think it should be ignored!
I'm with you. What is it with Christmas before Thanksgiving? Before you know it we will be listening to Christmas in July
I hear ya! Kaden used to work in the grocery store and it totally ruined Christmas music for him! He had to listen to it from the day after Halloween until the day after Christmas! He would come home from work and turn my music off because "he couldn't STAND to hear even one more Christmas song!"Its fun at first but there is such a thing as "too much" of a good thing! :)
Post a Comment