I just want to say first thing that I had the best time with all of you girls so THANKS for coming all the way down to Vegas. All the pictures below are just a random collection of pictures that were taken throughout the night by different people.
Dinner with the Girls at Cheesecake Factory (Stupid Waitress)

We went to a Barnes and Nobel and it was quite the party we wore mask but some of the other outfits were a bit more extravagant.
Chelsea and Me
Sarah Chelsea and Me waiting in line!
Candace was the most excited to get the book!
Me with my book :) 
Just reading ha

Well I have been putting this post off cuz I wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to read the book. Ha ha Well I can't wait any longer I am going to talk about it now. So if you haven't finished I would advise you to stop reading this now...
I have now read Breaking Dawn 2 times. Say what you want about me I know its crazy but I am really glad I did. When I was first reading through the book I was so mad at the way the story was going and that Bella was being so STUPID!! Here she was finally getting everything she wanted and she was going to just throw it all away for a baby who was going to kill her. I wanted her to be selfish and I wanted her to be mad that this thing was going to take her away from Edward.
Then I got into book 2 Jacob and I was even more mad cuz I didn't sign up to hear Jacob complain and be the jerk I knew he was going to be. I wanted to read about Bella and Edward NOT Jacob. But the more I got into Jacob story the more I found I really liked Jacob. He now has a very soft tender place in my heart :) I wanted something to happen between him and Leah. I feel bad for Leah. But I am also glad she has finally gotten away from Sam. I can't even imagine staying around and watching Colby be with somebody else haha. Not that that would ever happen but ya know I was just thinking. Then the twist came where Jacob imprints and Nissie and it totally derailed me. (Candace how do you feel about this?)
Then I was back to Bella and she lived and became a Vamp just like I have wanted from day one of Twilight haha. I loved how we were able to see her being a Vamp for so long. My only wish is that there would have been a fight with the Voutri! I wanted Jane to get her little head ripped off so bad. For some reason I just don't like her. Maybe its cuz she hurt Edward before I don't know :)
I had many conflicting emotions the first time I read through it. The second time was a bit different. I have not, as most of you know, been pregnant or had a baby yet, so I wasn't able to fully understand the love that Bella had with the little child growing inside her. haha That sounds funny doesn't it. Anyway I tried to look at it in a different way and I think that I started liking what I was reading so much more. I kinda got a Host feel while reading this book. It wasn't all about the love between Edward and Bella, even though that was very much there, but it was about the family love a bit more and I really liked that. There is nothing that is more important then family and it was sweet to see how that kind took over. I love the way Edward and Jacob become friends at last and that Jacob will always be apart of there life. I thing that was the only way to end the story. There was no other way to make it work, it had to end that way.
So my overall review is I LOVED IT!!
Now I have made a goal to read at least 5 different books before I pick up Twilight and read them one right after the other. ha ha I am not sure I will be able to do it but I am going to try.
Thanks again for all of you guys that drove down. It was so much fun!
I would like to know how everyone else felt about so leave a comment
ADDED AUGUST 7th
**I have been wondering since I finished the book what the cover actully ment. I have been really frustrated by this cuz my thougts didn't really fit. I thought that the red pawn was still Jacob, but I didn't know who the white queen could be. Bella? Nessie? This has been bugging for the last few days. Then I found something Q&A from SM herself and she explans and all I can say is DUH!! haha this is a direct quote
"S: Yay for ? That’s a really good question. So this cover has kind of two things going on. One is a metaphor for the entire series because you have Bella going from being the weakest player on the board to being the most powerful one. So that’s the main meaning, that’s what I wanted to have on there. Then I also the feeling of a chess game because I knew that the end of the story was not going to be a great big huge battle scene. This was a court scene. This was maneuvering and having your plans and I thought that was really suited to chess so that was another reason I like that metaphor."
Angie, Andrea and myself
Holly, Mikkel and Chelsea
8 comments:
i love that you love it now!! When bella was turned, and then all the good stuff started happening... then i got REALLY HAPPY and forgot that I was really frustrated at the pregnancy chapter. Though I liked being able to see pack things through Jacob's side, I liked it best told by bella's perspective. I am reading like a starved librarian right now, im on my 3rd book... romances for now... and i have a stack of 6 more that im going to read before I read BD again... for good measure... I loved the book also!!! But we need an excuse to get together again!!! have you read the city of bones series yet?? or the wicked lovely?? they were pretty good for me when I quit twilight series after eclipse!!! Love you!!!
Well I left my comment earlier so you know how i feel. But I liked your review. I felt exactly the same way, I loved Bella was a vamp for so long and how we got to see what she went through the whole time, pretty exciting! I definately wanted Jane's head ripped off, particularly by bella. I have kinda been depressed now that it is all over, i've been in a daze just thinking it all through for the past few days. Oh well at least they are all together FOREVER!!
Thanks so much for planning the party with me. I had a blast. Dinner next week....
Hi, I'm half way through, and I'm not sure how I feel about this whole pregnancy thing. I was kind of hoping for a different story where she didn't get turned until the very end. They could have done more with the Voteri. I was hoping Jacob would imprint,but with Bella's baby?? I'm still struggling with Quil imprinting on a baby. I'm hoping I'm happy in the end. A.N.
Looks like you girls had a blast!! How fun!!
Thanks so much for all you did for this awesome weekend. I seriously have never laughed so hard. The book was great. I loved it. I'm glad that you ended up liking it. I was stressed about that. It is weird how I ended up liking JAcob more in this book. I guess he is alright now. December we will hit Mesquite for the Twilight Movie and some MassageS!
Have to post about the book...I agree with a lot of what everyone else is saying. I am glad Jacob's still in the picture, but I really didn't care to read from his point of view. I really wish there would have been a fight with Jane and Bella or at least something bigger at the end. But all in all, it couldn't have ended better with everyone 'living' happily ever after.
I finally bought all these books a few weeks ago to see what all the fuss was about and I have serious post-Twilight Series Depression!!! Ever since I finished the books, I think about it constantly. I don't know if it's because I read them all at once, so I just was living in the story for like 3 straight weeks or what, but man, it was an amazing series and I don't think I've ever read anything that I got so involved in and attached too!
Anyways, I loved Breaking Dawnn. Before I read it, I read about a lot of people who didn't like it as much, so I was kinda skeptical to jump into it, not knowing what to expect, but I loved the whole book! I even took it to my dental appointment and the assistant was telling me how whe didn't like the whole pregnancy part and that she didn't understand it, but with me, being pregnant, I guess I understood it a little more, or maybe it was more emotional for me because of that. I actually cried a lot during this book and I'm guessing it's my crazy hormones, but every time I'd see that I only had 100 pages or whatever left to read, I'd want to cry because I didn't want it to end. I love the way it all came together though and it was an ending that I would have never imagined. I definitely thought something wouldn't work out for somebody, but nope! It was all good for everybody! I'm so excited for the movies, although, I'm sure they won't do the books justice!
Post a Comment