Monday, September 8, 2008

MEAN!!

OK so it is another day at work and I have nothing to do. haha Well I guess I do have a few things to do but I just don't really want to do them.
I posted a thing about Midnight Sun. I have now read all 12 chapters and I have to say that I am so upset. I am upset because I really want the rest of the book to be finished. The only reason I started reading Twilight was because of Edward. I almost wish that she wouldn't have put the 12 chapters on her site. I wouldn't have gone looking for them. I just would have never read it and then I would be in a bit better frame of mind then I am now. Anyway if you haven't read it yet I would say head on on over and read the 12 chapters. It really does help you get a better take on Edward and his personality.
The thing that I find most interesting about this whole thing is how fast some of her fans have turned on her. I know that there was a lot of people who were not happy with Breaking Dawn. I will admit at first I was like WHAT THE...? I have read it twice now and I have to say that I LOVE IT! I don't think it could have ending any other way. I know I have said this before. But I have read a lot of reviews and I have an email sent to me through my good reads that is all things Twilight and the people are just so mean. They are slamming her about her hair and the fact that she is LDS. They are also saying how she is acting like a little baby because she has decided not to finish Midnight Sun.
Now NOBODY wants Midnight Sun more then I do. I promise you that, but if it were my book that got put out there for everyone to read before I was ready for it, I would be just as upset as she is and not finish it either. I still LOVE her writing. I love that all her books take you to a place that is NOT REAL! That is the point of reading. (well for me) It's to take me to a place that I have never been and a place I will never really get to go. So I have put a I support SM on my blog so that everyone knows that I still love Twilight and always will!

5 comments:

Amanda P. said...

I agree with you. I have never been a very judgmental person and I would have to say that I can usually put myself in peoples shoes and see things from their perspective. I think that if I were SM I would feel the exact same way. I haven't finished with midnight sun yet but I really really like it. I thought that edward was on the brain during the other books but this one is much worse for me! He is constantly in my head!! I have been doing a double duty, reading MS and skimming through twilight just to make sure I don't miss anything. ohhhh....pretty pathetic :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I have just read Twlight. I will be starting on New Moon tomorrow. I put off reading them for a long time because I get scared REALLY easily and I was afraid they would scare me. Anyways I loved it. I am an addict now. I just read your post and I am way lost as to what is going on. The author won't finish a book because someone put the first few chapters on the web, is that right? What was the book about exactly? Help I am new to the whole Edward Cullen obsession.
Thanks,
Lexie

Sarah Jimenez said...

I loved Midnight Sun! I didn't want it to stop. I at least wanted to read the meadow scene. I am with you though, I can totally see why it would disheaten her and make it hard to finish...too many emotions... I do hope though, that some day even in the future, she will have the desire to finish it.

The Stevens Family said...

Hey Kassi! You're blog is so dang cute! I hope all is going well and things start to brighten up with the twilight series.

. said...

I'm sorry about Midnight Sun. I only read the first chapter but I don't think I want to get into it if she is not going to finish it. Did you like what you read? What is new with you guys? I love the picture of Colby and the fish. They are massive! Where do you put all that fish? You must have like 50 freezers.