I know its been a 10 days since Dex got here, but things have been crazy busy and I am just finding time to write everything down.
I was scheduled for an amnio text on Wednesday April 29 at 1:30 and then the next day April 30th they were going to be induced. They wanted to do the amnio to make sure his lungs were fully developed and all was well. Colby was flying in Wednesday night and we were going to pick him up at 8. So my mom and I packed up and headed to Vegas. I was so exacted cuz all I could think was this is my last trip and I will finally have my baby and Colby is coming home!!
We drove straight to the hospital and I got all ready for the test. They hooked me up to some monitors and in walked Dr. Swainston. (best Doc around) The amnio test was not my favorite. I didn't mind them sticking the needle in my belly it was the after that got me. I started feeling really sick and ended up throwing up everywhere. The nurses came in and kept asking me if I could feel any contractions and which I couldn't and they said said I was having a lot and were surprised I couldn't feel them. So they kept me for about and hour to watch and then decided it was OK to let me go, but to come back if my contractions got painful or if my water broke. As we drove to my grandma's house I got a phone call from Colby saying his flight had been delayed for 2 hours and he wouldn't get in until about 10 that night. I was bummed. I was just so ready to have him home.
When we got to my grandma's house I was feeling kinda tired so I decided to go lay down and take a nap around 4. I had slept for about 30 min when I needed to pee. As I rolled over to get out of bed I felt a little bubble and thought "OH CRAP I JUST PEED MY PANTS!!" So I hurried to the bathroom and thought a shower would make me feel better. So I jumped in and washed my hair and took a nice long warm shower. I got out and did my hair and some make up and heard my mom and grandparents getting ready to sit down to dinner. As I sat down my mom gave me a funny look and kept asking me if I was feeling ok. I just kept saying fine cuz I was. I wasn't having any contractions that I could feel. I just kept thinking I can't wait until Colby gets here.
FINALLY 10 rolled around and my mom and I headed to the airport to pick up Colby. I was so excited to see him I got out and went to meet him. I was really really swollen by this point. It was really hot in Vegas and I wont lie I was starting to feel pretty miserable. I had started feeling the contractions on the way to the airport, but they weren't painful like I was thinking they should be. haha So we headed back to my grandma's to get some rest. Colby had had a long day in the airports and my mom was just tired. When we got back to grandma's around 11:30 I told both of them that the contractions were getting pretty strong and were coming about 7 to 10 min apart. But I thought I was ok so I told them to get a few hours of sleep. I kept thinking my water hasn't broke yet so we are fine. I didn't get any sleep. I walked around, washed my face and brushed my teeth. Watched some tv. At 2:30am I couldn't take it anymore and went in to Colby and told him we needed to go. So we woke my mom up and headed to the hospital.
My contractions were about 5 min apart as we got to the hospital. We got all hooked up and the nurse came into to check me. She said my water had broke and that I was dilated to a 4 almost a 5 and then asked why I hadn't come in sooner. I said, well I wasn't really awear that my water had broke so I didn't think I needed to. She called for my epidural and we just started to wait. My epidural didn't work like everyone told me it would :( I was numb, but mostly in my right side. My left side pretty much felt everything and I felt every contraction.
I wasn't lucky like Sarah (Pace) I had to push for about an hour and a half before Dex made his way into this world. He got stuck and they had to use the vacuum twice on him. His head had a double cone head but he was so beautiful. I had no idea I would love him like I did so fast.
I am still a little overwhelmed by the fact that this tiny little person was inside of me and now he is here and with 10 fingers and 10 toes and just the most beautiful little boy I have ever seen. I thought labor was going to be a lot worss. I would rather do labor then deal with a kidney stone any day. :)

P.S. Some of you might be wondering how I didn't know my water had broke and yes, you guessed it, that little bubble that I thought was me peeing my pants was my water breaking. But I was expecting at least a little gush of water. And all it was was a tiny little bubble. That's it.
7 comments:
Wow! With Colette my water broke, kinda the same, mine was at night, I rolled over and felt the little "pop" but I did get a gush! It's always so amazing to me to hear a birth story, they are all so different. I am so happy for you! It sounded like it went well, and Im so glad! He is adorable, little blondie! Lucky momma!
Thanks for sharing your story. I had to push for an hour and ended up demanding they vacuum her out cuz she was stuck too. The vacuum popped off once but the second time it worked. That is funny you didn't realize your water had broke. ha Mine was broke at the hospital and it was like the niagra falls. ha Labor is so wonderful and interesting! I'm sorry your epidural didn't work all the way. :( Dex is so dang cute!
It was neat to read your labor story. I am glad that everything went well. I am sorry that you had to push for so long. We have a joke in my family that Heavenly Father knows I don't like pain and am "delicate" haha...so he didn't give me wisdom teeth and he makes sure my labors or short, or he knows I probably wouldn't have any more. =) Dex is so beautiful. He looks so much like Garrett (and you!).
Oh my!! Such an exciting little story :) I am sorry your epidural was a no show and that you had to push for so long!! UGH. That doesn't sounds like fun. I only had to push for about 1-3 min. Not to make you feel bad or anything!!
You have a beautiful baby boy!!
That is a beautiful story. My water broke the same way. They sent me home from the hospital with percocet for the pain. When I was asleep I felt pain but didn't wake up. A few minutes later I felt a bib "pop" and felt like i had to pee on my way to the bathroom I thought I had peed my pants when I sat on the toilet It wouldn't stop and I knew I had to get to the hospital.
I am so glad that all went well and that Dex made it here safely. He is so cute.
I haven't stopped by your blog in awhile so let me just say congratulations! He's beautiful. I really enjoyed reading the delivery post. Isn't it incredible how things happen! My water broke while I was painting our front door...it stayed partially painted for over a week. I pushed for an hour and a half but luckily they didn't have to use the vacuum...maybe they should have, but my epidural did work! Glad you are both doing well!
YAY! I'm so excited you have your little one here! I can't believe your water had broke and you didn't know it! :) He is absolutely adorable! He is the cutest baby ever! Congrats!
Post a Comment