Thursday, July 16, 2009

Aunt Leslie

I am sure most of you have heard by now that my aunt Leslie cancer has come back. We are all pretty sad and just praying she will be strong enough to go through all of this again. Leslie is a fighter and I know she will be fighting hard again. For those of you who don't know. She was diagnosed with Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML) 4 years ago and has been in remission for these past 4 years. She just found out on July 13 (her 45th birthday) that the cancer was back.
She has started treatment again this morning. I haven't heard if they will be using same drugs they used last time or not. Her heart was permanently damaged during induction chemo 4 years ago and so they were trying to decided if heart would be able to take it. Please think of Leslie in your prayers.
I have linked Leslie Caringbridge site to my blog if you want to leave her a note. Just click on Lesie Glover under my friends and family.
Cortni and Leslie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember from before but I hadn't heard of her current condition. I'm sorry Kassi. Leslie will definitely be in our prayers. I hope everything goes well.

Ashley Dove said...

Kassi Girl-
I was so sad to hear about Aunt Leslie's cancer returning. I know that she went through so much before battling it. I know that everyone was praying it would never return. Sometimes our Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways, we just have to keep our faith strong and always stay positive. Everything he does, he does with a purpose. Thankfully, she has such a loving and supportive family behind her. I read her Caringbridge post and it also sounds like she has some amazing doctors treating her this time as well. I have no doubt that she will beat it again. We all know what a fighter she is. She and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope all is well with your little fam.

Love ya,
Ash