Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Here Fishy Fishy Fishy!!

So Colby and his dad just went to Alaska again and they had a great time! I hope someday I get to go. Colby can't be trusted to take pictures. He just doesn't do it. He did get a few and lots of stuff on the video camera, so I guess I should give him a little credit. I will upload some videos soon. (once I find the cords & cables ha ha) These pictures are of the Halibut that Colby caught. It was 80 lbs and as you can see almost as long as Colby is tall. The Halibut are so strong and so big that before they are able to pull them into the boat they have to shoot them with a gun. It is a pretty crazy thing to see. Like I said I will try to post some video clips later. He got a really cool one of some brown bears that were like 30 yards or so away from him.


10 comments:

The Starks said...

WOW!!! That is one BIG fish!! That is so awesome! Good job Colby!

Anonymous said...

Wow...that is insane! I bet that will be some yummy fish though! :)

---- said...

A couple of things...These Alaska pictures make me homesick! Its not fair that Colby has been there more than I have! Its been about 8 years since i've been home. 2nd...I deliberately did not read your blog for fear of a Breaking Dawn Spoiler...I'm glad you put a disclaimer in before you talk about it! I LOVED it too...now that I have read it. I am glad she put the Jacob's story in the middle...because if she comes out with another book only in Jacob's words I am going to be more likely to WANT to read it...Although some parts were slow for me and a bit predictable it was nice that she threw in a couple of twists like the imprinting to throw you off! I'm going to have to read it again too to actually enjoy it more instead of reading really fast just to see what happens in the end!

Mikkel said...

Hey did you hear???! Twilight is coming out Nov 21 now! I am sure you know... but how exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amanda P. said...

Yey! So happy for twilight coming out earlier! I really am very depressed that Harry Potter is waiting until next summer! THat is so long!! I wanted to see a box office battle!!

The Swapp's said...

uh.. ebay at like crystals botique or something.. glad you can't see how dirty it really is in the pic.. :) Thanks..

Sarah Greener said...

WOWWA!! Those fish are HUGE!!!!
That would be way fun to go fishing in Alaska!

Ok what is this about Twilight coming out earlier?!?!?! I havent been on the computer in over a week because I have had family here!!

gma said...

Kassi, I'm really sick of reading about this fish, would you blog something else. A.N.

Amanda P. said...

You've just been tagged, just go to my blog and copy and paste the questions to your blog with your own answers!

Gretchen said...

Wow!! What a fish!! How fun! What a lucky boy to get to go fishing in Alaska!!! Can we come over and have some Halibut?? Halibut is my favorite...especially fresh from Alaska!! yum, Yum!!