Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sleepless in Las Vegas!

No, I am not sleeping because my husband has past on and I see his face when I close my eyes. :) Yes, I have seen this movie about a million times and can quote it word for word for you if you really wanted me too. ;) I am NOT sleeping cuz I can't get comfortable. Now call me crazy but shouldn't this be happening later on in the pregnancy. I mean I feel like I haven't had a good nights sleep in weeks. Aside from the fact that I get up to pee 3 to 4 times even though I have stopped drinking any kind of liquid after 6 or 7. I mean I am only 15 weeks. Shouldn't I be sleeping?! I have tried a variety of things to try and help me sleep, such as pillows to support my back and between my legs. I have tried getting into some kind of routine to help my body know it is time to sleep. I have even tried drinking warm milk and I have to tell you I HATE that. I don't even like milk as it is and warmed up, well lets just say EEWW! Colby has even been sleeping in the guest bedroom for the past few weeks. So I guess what I am asking DID ANYONE ELSE GO THROUGH THIS? Is this just cuz I didn't get the morning sickness thing and so now I NEVER sleep? Do any of you have a little secret to help me get some sleep. I AM SO TIRED!!

16 comments:

Sarah Jimenez said...

Kassi-
I've also been having a hard time sleeping for the last couple weeks. (It's much worse when hubby is in bed too!) I have 3 pillows behind my head when I sleep on my back and that helps, but the main way I sleep is on my side with a pillow between my legs and up under my stomach and then another pillow to the side of my head in case I curl up, and one under my head- if I angle my outside leg past the bottom one, I almost feel like I am sleeping on my stomach and that's been the most comfortable. I didn't struggle like this with Rylee until I was like 30 weeks prego, so yea it really sucks! Good luck!

. said...

Kassi that sucks. I never went through the whole sleepless thing until later on when I was huge and fat. But that really sucks to be already doing that! You need your sleep now... trust me! That is hard. Maybe you are stressed? I know when I am way stressed i have a way hard time settling down. Have you tried like a bath before bed? Hahah I'm sorry though. THat really sucks.

Angie said...

Sleep just eludes you once your pregnant. It's like your bodies way of gearing you up for all those sleepless nights to come! I totally hear ya on the peeing thing--even when I didn't drink anything I had to pee all night long! I don't think anything really helped I just "toughed it out." I don't really remember it so much with my first though. Ask your doctor, there's a sleeping pill that is safe for pregnant women (I think they usually recommend only taking half). A lot of times doctors will prescribe that with a vitamin B6 at night to help combat morning sickness. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the sleeping pill though! Sorry! Ask Heather, she'll remember.

gma said...

I slept for nine months when I was pregnant with my first. I don't even remember much about it. Of course back then my dr. gave me bendectin for morning sickness, which I didn't have, but to help me sleep. Now we know taking bendectin was bad, which explains Jeremy, Kimmy and Tori. I really missed that stuff with Megan and Jordan. Kimmy took a B6 with 1/2 a unisom and it helped her. I rocked at night a lot when the baby got bigger and was up at night kicking, it seemed to help them go to sleep so that I could. After they were born they all still loved rocking. You'll be amazed after the baby is born and you lose some of those pillows how big you bed feels. :) A.N.

gma said...

P.S. learn to sleep on your left side. You get better blood flow to the baby and to your heart. At the end never sleep on your back. The baby puts to much weight on your spinal column and shuts off blood flow. :0)

gma said...

PSS - I wouldn't recommend the bath thing if your prone to bladder infections. A good back rub with some lavendar lotion might help and get hubby out of the guest room. (J/K) Try some aroma therapy. Also quit worrying about the kidney stones, if they happen you'll deal. You need to find Jamie Townsend, she had a horrible time with her Kidneys when she was pregnant with all her kids. She's in Cedar City I think, she might have some good advice for you.

gma said...

PSSS - instead of warm milk, try a banana and a turkey sandwich. Lots of trytophan to help you sleep. more than the milk. Okay you don't need to publish all these LOL

Kassi said...

Thanks Anunt Norma! I will try some of those things. I am to the point that if I don't get some sleep people I work with might get hurt haha ;)

Kassi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Stevens Family said...

Hey Kassi, I hope things do get better... I had no luck with sleep for the whole pregnancy. I got sick of sleeping on my sides, so I slept on my back with a couple pillows under my legs. I had to take a hot bath before bed so I could relax.. people just said welcome to being pregnant... :( i didn't enjoy it. BUT it is worth it. Good luck and I really hope it gets better!

---- said...

That is SO funny that you posted about This!! just last night at around 3 in the morning I posted something very similar! I wish I had the magic answer...but unfortunately I am going through the EXACT same thing.
although...my doctor has prescribed me some Ambien and if I take a hot bath and go straight to bed I can usually at least get to sleep and sleep until about 3 or 4 in the morning....which I guess is at least something!! ha ha

---- said...

P.S. I am way prone to bladder infections and kidney problems too, so Kaden bought a shower head that is attached to a hose thing and I just rinse off with that before getting out and it hasn't been an issue.

Heather said...

Kas, Norma's right. 1/2 Unisom and some b6 is a good thing. Try that. I didn't get the "can't sleeps" too bad. But the peeing all night thing...oh yeah!! Hang in there. As for the warm milk..ewww, don't do that...ewww!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA....I know more then exactly what you mean! The peeing and no sleep. I have just barely gotten in a routine where my body shuts down and decides it needs to sleep. James said to do a little workout sometime during the day so you are so exhausted. If you are able to, I noticed that if I didn't take a nap during the day or when I got home from work and went to bed earlier that helped quite a bit. Also, when James would leave for work I slept best too! ha Our poor husbands! :) Sleeping with a pillow between my legs and under my belly helps me too! I sleep mostly on my left side; it is most comfortable! The peeing it doesn't end. Whoever said it would ease up in the 2nd trimester obviously was never pregnant; for me at least it hasn't stopped the numerous wake up calls. ha Hope something helps you out!

The Swapp's said...

Im so sorry you already have trouble sleeping. My first trimester you couldn't keep me awake so I can't say I understand but now.. its hard I just lay awak all the time and then us all the strength I just built up to get out of bed :) to go pee.. all i know is really enjoy the 2nd trimester once you get there cause it really is good.. you dont feel like it is while your in it till you get to the third and then you wish you felt as good :) but then you have your baby and it will make it ALL worth it. or so they say :) i'll let you know when that day comes.. hopefully in like 3 weeks haha

Jesse, Savannah, and Pryce said...

Hey I totally know what you are going through. I don't think I slept my whole pregnancy. I think it was in my 3rd trimester my doc finally told me to by Unisom, you can get it at walmart, Leslie has to take it too. I didn't really work for me but Leslie say's it does work. Other than that I would just sleep when I could, which was like 4 in the morning until 2 pm, it was not a good habit but it's the only time I slept.